In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, hosts Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach speak with Greg and Cami Goucher of Mingo Properties. They explain how they help home buyers and sellers lock in equity and get the most out of a property with a terms deal. Greg and Cami also share what makes a buyer a good fit for their lease-purchase contracts.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Lease Option – An agreement between a homeowner and a renter that gives a renter the option to purchase the rented property during or at the end of the rental period.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why did Cami and Greg quit their W2 jobs to pursue terms real estate
- How a buyer can lock in their equity at the beginning of a deal
- What are the benefits of a lease purchase for a home seller
- How sellers can get the most out of a property by doing a lease-purchase deal
- What would make a buyer not a good fit for a lease-purchase contract with Mingo Properties
- Website: http://mingoproperties.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/mingo.properties/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/mingo.properties/
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Greg and Cami’s Bio:
Greg and Cami are real estate investors in Ohio and are Co-Founders of Mingo Properties. They understand that life brings challenges that we cannot always foresee. They have experienced divorce, blending a family, being adult learners, and financial challenges. Last year they both left their full-time W2’s to pursue their entrepreneurial dream. They bring empathy, compassion, and honesty to their business and those they work with. Greg and Cami are also certified coaches for Smart Real Estate and coach others in the Terms Real Estate niche.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.