In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, hosts Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach speak with Charlotte, NC real estate investor Leigh Brown about the current real estate market and how it will continue to progress. Leigh explains how she helps buyers create generational stability and why that’s important for communities.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Appraised value – The evaluated value of a home at a specific time.
- Appraisal waiver – An option to decline to have an appraisal when buying a home.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why the 30 year fixed mortgage is where affordability has its stronghold
- The reason one of the keys to having successful real estate investments is having more doors
- Why law regulators want to eliminate the 1031 law
- Why Leigh Brown does not like the term “landlord”
- When you should and should not bid for more than appraised value
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeighBrownSpeaker/
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/leighbrownspeaker
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/leighthomasbrown/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/leighthomasbrown/
- Clubhouse: @leighbrown
- Twitter: @leighbrown
- Podcast: Crazy Sh*t In Real Estate
- Book and Online Leigh Brown University
- Leigh’s Books On Amazon
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Leigh Brown’s Bio:
Many know Leigh for her accomplishments as a highly successful REALTOR® and a best-selling author. This just begins to scratch the surface. She is an award-winning educator and influencer, an innovative CEO and a must-see international speaker. She actively educates professionals in every realm of business leadership and relationships. Leigh is a do-it-all professional.
Leigh has a passion for motivating those around her to want more. She has worked with all ranges of the professional spectrum — from new-to-the-trade rookies to CEOs of massively successful brands. It is her ability to articulate complex concepts in ways that everyone can relate to that makes her leadership so impactful.
Leigh wants to leave her mark on the next generation of professionals. Whatever your field of business is, Leigh has tools that can promote growth and a team-oriented environment. She has the sales techniques; she has the experience; she has the PASSION! Leigh wants to help YOU!
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.