In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, host Zachary Beach speaks with special guest Matthew Campos, Chief Operating Officer of Texas-based real estate investing company FWE Invest. Matthew shares how the deals he does are “not just a transaction” but truly a way to help distressed homeowners and create community wins.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Wholesaling – A type of real estate investment where the investor acts on behalf of the seller to find an interested buyer, serving as an intermediary in the deal.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Matt and Zachary use the Clubhouse voice-chat app to connect with others, and how people are even using the app to buy and sell homes
- How Matt was able to connect with a seller in California and buy her Texas home through Clubhouse, and how Matt and his team are renovating the dilapidated home
- Why around half of Matt’s business is based on renovating and reselling homes, with the other half being wholesaling deals
- Matt outlines the numbers around the kinds of deals his business does and the outreach methods his team uses to connect with buyers and sellers
- Why the “big players” that buy and rehabilitate properties such as banks often do the bare minimum to be able to sell the home, and why Matt and his team are different
- Why Matt believes in working locally as much as possible, and why that extra personal touch is valued by many buyers and sellers
- Matt shares the story of finding big solutions to help a seller that was behind on her mortgage and stuck in a desperate situation
- Why going the extra mile and seeing deals as not just a transaction is such an important part of what Matt and his team do
- Website: https://equitystrike.com/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/matt-campos-84326b139/
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/equitystrike
- Instagram: @matalecam
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Matthew Campos’s Bio:
Matthew Campos is the Chief Operating Officer of FWE Invest, which specializes in selling properties across the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas metropolitan region and surrounding areas. Prior to his work with FWE Invest, Matt attended the University of Texas at Arlington’s College of Business to attain a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.