In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, hosts Nick and Zachary speak with special guest Michelle Proia from Main Street Home Loans. Michelle is an expert at helping tenant buyers establish or improve their credit rating so that they can get approved for a home loan, and she has worked extensively with the Pre Property Solutions team and their clients. Michelle answers questions about the process and explains why getting started early is critical for success.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- No special terms were used in this episode.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Michelle first got started in the mortgage industry at 21 as a receptionist at a mortgage company, and how she developed extensive experience throughout her career
- Why lease option deals are often structured in a complex way, and why Pre Property Solutions has made the process less risky and much easier for Michelle to get approvals
- How Michelle works to ensure that buyers are able to cross the finish line and get approved for a home loan to close their deal
- Why it is important to start working with Michelle and the team at Main Street Home Loans as early in the process as possible to establish the necessary credit to get approved
- How Nick works with buyers and gets them rolling with Michelle early in the process, and why the process needs to get started at least six months before the end of a lease
- What the process of working with Michelle to build or repair credit looks like for prospective buyers, step-by-step
- Why allowing enough time to make credit improvements is the key to getting a better interest rate on your home loan
- How every town or municipality is different and has different rules and expectations, and how Michelle tailors solutions to meet those requirements
- How to get a free financial literacy packet from Michelle to help you better understand how to navigate your finances
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://mainstreethomeloans.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/MainStreetHomeLoans/
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/mainstreethomeloans/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/mshl/
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Michelle Proia’s Bio:
Michelle Proia is a Senior Home Loan Consultant at Main Street Home Loans. She has worked extensively with the Pre Property Solutions team and their tenant buyers, helping them reach the finish line and closing on their home purchase. She got into the mortgage industry at the age of 21 as a receptionist at a mortgage company, before working her way through many different positions within the industry and gaining extensive experience in all aspects of the home loan process.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.