In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, host Nick Prefontaine speaks with a special guest and Real Estate Investor, Ola Dantis. He explains his journey of immigrating to the United States from Nigeria and building a million-dollar real estate business. Ola also explains that success does not come easily, and how to overcome the challenges by sticking to your values and goals.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Ola moved to the United States not searching for the American dream
- How success comes to us, and why we have a choice if we go after it or not
- What book Ola found was a pattern in successful people’s lives and how the book impacted his life
- What was the biggest challenge of adjusting to life in the United States, and how Ola overcame it
- Why Ola believes that America is the best country on the planet
- Why flipping houses may not be ideal for perfectionists
- How to purchase commercial properties, and why it’s necessary to have a team of people assisting you
- Podcast: https://www.dwellynn.com/show
- Website: https://www.dwellynn.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/oladantis/?hl=en
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/dwellynn/?trk=biz-companies-cym
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DwellynnLLC/
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/dwellynn
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Ola Dantis is a real estate investor helping people generate passive income through real estate. An entrepreneur at heart, he brings his experience in owning and managing cash-flowing multifamily property in his personal real estate portfolio to larger multifamily investing with over $40,000,000M in deals. This foundational experience derived from the strategic acquisition, renovation, and repositioning has been instrumental in the apartment syndication space, resulting in a competitive edge in value add and equity creation. In addition, Ola draws from his leadership and analytic skills as a manager for a Fortune 10 company.
Ola is an alumnus of the University of Birmingham in the United Kingdom graduating with bachelors’ and masters’ degrees. Ola is also an active member of the Urban Land Institute [ULI].
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to homeownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary Beach is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personal training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find him enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids, Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.